A top-ranked business school in Executive and InCompany Education according to the Financial Times
2,500 students annually, with a network of > 20,000 alumni located in more than 100 countries
Certificate of participation
Unleash the Executive Education Teacher in Yourself
If so, consider enrolling in the 10-day international hybrid Faculty Bridge Program designed and led by experienced Executive Education Faculty. This program might be the perfect solution for you. It provides THE opportunity to learn from experts in the field and at the same time helps expand the group of highly qualified and well-trained adult- and executive educators, so badly needed to address the current need for lifelong learning in the global world of Higher Education.
Hosted by TIAS, the business school of Tilburg University, and in partnership with Engage.EU, this intensive training program delves deep into the world of Executive Education. The program features a supportive coaching system and provides valuable networking opportunities with like-minded colleagues in an international setting. Throughout the sessions, internationally renowned Executive Education faculty will share their insights, tips, tricks, do's and don'ts, as well as offer suggestions and feedback as you refine your newly acquired skills under their guidance.
The European University ENGAGE.EU is a consortium of nine universities – currently an academic home to over 100,000 students, academics, and staff. All partners are leading higher education institutions in their regions and share a profile in business, economics, and the social sciences, partly with special focus on business and economics. These commonalities form the main interest of our joint endeavour. ENGAGE.EU shares European values and a global outlook.
Higher Education Faculty/Educators with a strong desire to teach adults/executives but have no or limited experience working with this group of non-traditional students.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAM?
After attending these workshops you will:
feel (more) comfortable teaching an adult/executive education class
have a toolbox to facilitate adult/executive education (international audience)
be prepared to facilitate your first executive lesson/course
PROGRAM DESIGN AND CONTENTS
This hands-on hybrid program consists of two onsite and one online module. It provides ample opportunity to practice, reflect, and receive and incorporate suggestions and feedback on audience specific presentation styles, course development, structure and content, and your overall performance. With its focus on interaction, coaching, peer to peer and experiential learning the program itself is a great example of what a high quality Executive Education program should look like.
WHAT WE HEARD FROM OTHERS (“NEW AND INEXPERIENCED” EXECUTIVE ED TEACHERS)
- ''I wish I wold have had real life examples of a good Executive Education course prior to delivering one myself'' (need for a buddy/coach to shadow and for receiving guidance and feedback)
- Not sure how to deal with inserting real-life examples into the program without the fear of losing control over the teaching
- Difficult to structure, organize and fill in (content) a full day (or multiple days) of class in such a way that the course stays interesting and students stay actively involved
- Not sure about the right tools (interventions) to use when educating adult (executive) learners
- The Executive Education student is generally more demanding when compared to regular university students, how do you appropriately prepare for this? How do you deal with the differences in level of experience and knowledge? How do you find the appropriate examples to stimulate discussions and how do you relate that to theory? What and how do you set boundaries – Time investment (contact and support)
The faculty involved with the program are all senior Executive Education professors at TIAS/TiU or one of the other institutions within the ENGAGE.EU network.
PROF.DR. ERIK BEULEN
- Information Technology
- Management & Organization
DRS. MIRJAM MINDERMAN
Business & Society (Civil Society, Corporate Social Responsibility, Global Sourcing)
PROF.DR. MIJNTJE LÜCKERATH
- Business & Society (Corporate Governance)
- Finance (Capital Markets, Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance, Financial Services)
- Management & Organisation (Business Ethics, Corporate Governance)
PROF.DR. WOODY VAN OLFFEN
- Organizational Change and Development
- Change coaching
PROF.DR. FILIP CAELDRIES
- Business & Society (Globalization)
DR. HANS VAN DIJK
- Diversity and inclusion
- Organizational dynamics.
- Small firms and entrepreneurship
- Local and regional economic development
- Policy and funding to promote sustainable innovation
PROF.DR. THEO CAMPS
- Accounting & Control (Management )
- Business & Society (Civil Society, Corporate Governance, Strategic Corporate Governance)
- Context (Politics)
- Using Case Studies in Executive Education: Case Scenario Planning in eMBA programs
- Applying University Pedagogy to Executive Education Design
- Safety and Inclusion in Executive Education
Value creation with a focus on innovation in a service context
On campus module
- 30 November (half day) – 2 December, 2023
- 29 February (half day) – 2 March, 2024
- 5 and 6 January, 2024 26 and 27 January, 2024
3500 euro (excl. travel and lodging cost)
Exchange.eu member: receive a 25% discount
TIAS faculty and faculty of TIAS shareholders please contact program management
TIAS campus in Tilburg, the Netherlands & Online
THE NEXT STEP
TIAS is the business school of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology.
NEVER STOP ASKING