A top-ranked business school in Executive and InCompany Education according to the Financial Times
2,500 students annually, with a network of > 20,000 alumni located in more than 100 countries
Certificate of participation
Unleash the Executive Education Teacher in Yourself
Do you want to be part of the lifelong learning movement in higher education, but feel unprepared or are unsure about the how and what, then this new and exciting program for (junior) faculty delivered by experienced Executive Education faculty might just be what you are looking for. This is your chance to be at the forefront of this movement and help expand the group of highly qualified and well-trained adult- and executive lectures so badly needed to make this movement of lifelong learning successful.
Together with our ENGAGE.EU partners, TIAS -the business school of Tilburg University-, organizes this one week intensive deep dive training program into the world of Executive Education. This one week training includes a highly supportive coaching system (that may last way beyond this one week training) and offers great (international) networking opportunities with likeminded colleagues. During the sessions, internationally renowned Executive Education faculty disclose their secrets, share their tips, tricks and traps, do’s and don’ts and provide suggestions and feedback as you practice your newly acquired skills under their supervision.
The European University ENGAGE.EU is a consortium of nine universities – currently an academic home to over 100,000 students, academics, and staff. All partners are leading higher education institutions in their regions and share a profile in business, economics, and the social sciences, partly with special focus on business and economics. These commonalities form the main interest of our joint endeavour. ENGAGE.EU shares European values and a global outlook.
(Junior) faculty with a desire to teach in Adult- and Executive Education. Priority is given to faculty from ENGAGE.EU universities.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAM?
After attending these workshops you will:
feel comfortable teaching an adult/executive education class
have a toolbox to facilitate adult/executive education (international audience)
be prepared to facilitate your first executive lesson/course on a corporate and societal responsibility related topic.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND CONTENTS
The program is offered over 5 days. It is a hands on program that provides you with plenty of opportunity to practice, reflect, and receive and incorporate suggestions and feedback on audience specific presentation styles, course development, structure and content, and your overall performance. It combines rigor with fun as time has been built in to practice with simulations, explore the beautiful city of Utrecht and visit an international company to learn the ins and outs of developing in-company training programs.
WHAT WE HEARD FROM OTHERS (“NEW AND INEXPERIENCED” EXECUTIVE ED TEACHERS)
- ''I wish I would have had real life examples of a good Executive Education course prior to delivering one myself'' (need for a buddy/coach to shadow and for receiving guidance and feedback)
- Not sure how to deal with inserting real-life examples into the program without the fear of losing control over the teaching
- Difficult to structure, organize and fill in (content) a full day (or multiple days) of class in such a way that the course stays interesting and students stay actively involved
- Not sure about the right tools (interventions) to use when educating adult (executive) learners
- The Executive Education student is generally more demanding when compared to regular university students, how do you appropriately prepare for this? How do you deal with the differences in level of experience and knowledge? How do you find the appropriate examples to stimulate discussions and how do you relate that to theory? What and how do you set boundaries – Time investment (contact and support)
The faculty involved with the program are all senior Executive Education professors at TIAS/TiU or one of the other institutions within the ENGAGE.EU network.
PROF.DR. ERIK BEULEN
- Information Technology
- Management & Organization
DRS. MIRJAM MINDERMAN
Business & Society (Civil Society, Corporate Social Responsibility, Global Sourcing)
PROF.DR. MIJNTJE LÜCKERATH
- Business & Society (Corporate Governance)
- Finance (Capital Markets, Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance, Financial Services)
- Management & Organisation (Business Ethics, Corporate Governance)
PROF.DR. WOODY VAN OLFFEN
- Organizational Change and Development
- Change coaching
PROF.DR. FILIP CAELDRIES
- Business & Society (Globalization)
DR. HANS VAN DIJK
- Diversity and inclusion
- Organizational dynamics.
- Small firms and entrepreneurship
- Local and regional economic development
- Policy and funding to promote sustainable innovation
PROF.DR. THEO CAMPS
- Accounting & Control (Management )
- Business & Society (Civil Society, Corporate Governance, Strategic Corporate Governance)
- Context (Politics)
- Using Case Studies in Executive Education: Case Scenario Planning in eMBA programs
- Applying University Pedagogy to Executive Education Design
- Safety and Inclusion in Executive Education
Value creation with a focus on innovation in a service context
August 27 (welcome dinner) – September 1, 2023.
5 days (not including welcome dinner on Sunday august 27, 2023)
3000 euro (excl. travel and lodging cost)
Utrecht, the Netherlands & Online
THE NEXT STEP
TIAS is the business school of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology.
NEVER STOP ASKING